5 Things to Consider Before Partnering With a Life Coach
Is hiring a Life Coach the best decision for you? Consider the purpose, benefits and investment of partnering with a coach.
The purpose of a life coach is to help you create a better life, one where you are actually able to accomplish your goals quicker and over time will develop life changing habits that will pay off in the future.
Many people have raved over the benefits, saying that their life coaches have been the catalyst for them to be able to finally achieve their goals.
If you are thinking of working with a life coach, consider the following points:
- You will have the opportunity to stretch beyond your comfort zone and learn new skills. If your life is the same as it was a few years ago, you’re either not learning new skills or not applying what you’ve learned and wishing will not get you the results you desire.
- Your life coach will get you from what you should be doing and what you want to be doing but can’t quite get yourself to do on your own.
- You get to design a better life and be who you have always wanted to be. Creating new habits takes time and can be overwhelming to try and figure everything out on our own.
- Coaches are great at getting you to choose what you want and can customize action plans that work for your individual learning style and strengths.
- You will develop a vision of a better life. Many of your challenges result from not taking the time to think before making decisions. You may take the first job offered to you or get into relationships that don’t add value. Your boundaries may not be defined or may be too weak.
- A coach will help you overcome these challenges and help you recognize when you are settling for less than the best.
- You will be held accountable. One reason this partnership works is because most of us hate letting other people down. It is easier to cancel an appointment and talk ourselves out of things if we are alone. It is another thing to cancel on someone who we were scheduled to meet.
- A coach will keep you focused on the tasks and will expect you to report your progress.
- You will identify other goals you didn’t even realize you had. Typically, a coach is hired for a specific area or reason. But through the coaching process, you’ll find other things that come up that need to be addressed. A coach will help you focus on other areas of your life and brainstorm ways to achieve your goals.
- A coach will help you unbury hidden dreams and remove obstacles from your past.
Do you recognize yourself in one or more of the points listed above?
Have you been trying to change your life but don’t know how?
If so, a life coach is likely to make a significant impact in your life.
On the other hand, if your life is exactly the way you want it, or you don’t have the time or money to invest into making big changes right now, a life coach might not be what you’re looking for.
Consider your desires and your ability to bring them about on your own.
If you feel you need someone to guide you and hold you accountable, partnering with a life coach might be one of the best decisions you’ve ever made.
Contact us today for a free discovery call and speak with a certified life coach.
We can’t wait to meet you and partner with you to help you achieve your goals and dreams.